The birth of my infatuation or perhaps I should say my obsession with photography began in the mid nineties. Then my main subjects were my children, since my children have left the nest for many years now my passion for photography has never faded but rather grown in a different direction. I have discovered that beauty is never ending, taking on forms that I could have never imagined. I feel blessed that my world has expanded through photography and hope my passion never weakens.

20 April 2011

Phew!!! Made It Through The Night

We made it through the night.  I tried to continue posting last night however, a few minutes after my last post these massive gusts of wind that literally scared the crap out of me caused our power to go out. Some reports measured the wind speeds to be between 75-85 mph. Say What? I have to say that I have always enjoyed a good thunderstorm, still do but living in the woods does have a scare factor of 10 when the wind really picks up. We have all these enormous trees that encompass the cabin. Every wind storm you say a little prayer and hope to God none of them come crashing down on you or the cabin.

The driveway was a complete mess, large branches and humongous limbs made traveling down the driveway impossible. We both cleaned up just enough to get our vehicles through. We have a limb dangling over the driveway, it is being held up by another tree, yep really love driving under that limb. I'll be posting some photos so you can see what I am talking about.

I thought the driveway was bad but trying to maneuver down our street and through the park was just absurd. Remember that movie Twister? In one scene when they were trying to escape from a tornado all this debris was flying all around them, they kept having to avoid everything in the road, that was me this morning, well minus the tractors and houses, as I was swerving to avoid all the branches and limbs I kept yelling to myself, "debris, debris!" I took some photos of a few trees that didn't make it through the storm, I will post them as well. I do have to mention that when I left this morning I grabbed the point & shoot instead of my dslr, it was raining, I never want to take chances like that with the good camera so the quality of the photos are not as good.

Greg says that this is mother natures way of pruning. I say "no pruning, NO PRUNING!!"

I mentioned in an earlier post that I was going to try to get video of the storm, ummmm didn't happen.

No comments: