The birth of my infatuation or perhaps I should say my obsession with photography began in the mid nineties. Then my main subjects were my children, since my children have left the nest for many years now my passion for photography has never faded but rather grown in a different direction. I have discovered that beauty is never ending, taking on forms that I could have never imagined. I feel blessed that my world has expanded through photography and hope my passion never weakens.

19 May 2012

Railway Museum of Greater Cincinnati

This morning I went to the Railway Museum right when they first opened up. I couldn't believe how many people were already there. A lot of senior photos where being taken. I started out at the information railroad car which is located just as you enter the yard. I couldn't find anyone inside but I had to find out where to pay. I finally found out that you pay by the honor system, you put your money (cash only) in a little pay box located just below the information sheets. Anyone can easily just walk in without paying but c'mon it's only $4.00 and it is for a good cause. 
Now for some advice, if you do not do well in the heat I would strongly recommend that you visit in the fall. I'm one of those that does  not do well, I lasted less then an hour.
I could only find two cars that you were allowed to enter so that part was a bit disappointing, other then that it was absolutely worth the $4.00.




This part actually left me dumbfounded, I entered this car and as I was heading toward the front I found this beautiful camera and lens just sitting there, it was left by one of the guys taking the senior photos, how you walk away from thousands of dollars worth of equipment is beyond me, he was damn lucky that I am an honest person.
Sometimes photos just have to be in black and white.














No comments: