The birth of my infatuation or perhaps I should say my obsession with photography began in the mid nineties. Then my main subjects were my children, since my children have left the nest for many years now my passion for photography has never faded but rather grown in a different direction. I have discovered that beauty is never ending, taking on forms that I could have never imagined. I feel blessed that my world has expanded through photography and hope my passion never weakens.

06 May 2012

Journey to Rabbit Hash, KY

I had quite the eventful day. This afternoon Greg asked me if I would like to join him on one of his lazy afternoon cruises, he said he was going to head to Rabbit Hash, KY. For those of you that may be reading this and are not familiar with the area, Rabbit Hash is a very small town that lies on the banks of the Ohio River, it is a quaint little spot, however nothing prepared me for what was around the bend, we will get to that later. The first two photos I couldn't pass up, who can just drive by without stopping to check out the baby calf. Sooooo cute.  



On our way to Rabbit Hash we made an ever so slight detour which brought us to the Creation Museum. (Two photos above) I heard so many good things about the grounds that I just had to check it out. We both decided that we would have to come back to tour the Museum but at $25.00 a person we'll wait for a rainy day. I plan on coming back in the fall to walk the grounds, at least that is free.

The above two photo are just random shots on our way to Rabbit Hash.
Below is what we first saw when rounding the bend, holy shit crap talk about biker mania.  I would have to say that 90% of the bikes were Harley's with 90% of the people being over the age of 50, we fit right in, with the age thing that is, well the Harley thing too but....well lets just end the comparison their.





I asked these guys if I could take their photo, the guy with the black beard said for $10.00. Don't think so. I think these guys were pretty darn close to 60.

No comments: