The birth of my infatuation or perhaps I should say my obsession with photography began in the mid nineties. Then my main subjects were my children, since my children have left the nest for many years now my passion for photography has never faded but rather grown in a different direction. I have discovered that beauty is never ending, taking on forms that I could have never imagined. I feel blessed that my world has expanded through photography and hope my passion never weakens.

16 May 2012

Krohn Conservatory/Devou Park

I tried my luck with the butterflies at Krohn's. I don't have a macro lens so I had to use a closeup filter, I am not happy with the results. The focus is off. All the butterfly photos came out a little blurry. It was totally my fault. I didn't want to use a flash so I increased my ISO and slowed the shutter speed to allow as much light in as possible, that actually would have worked really well, if I was using a tripod, the result was slight camera shake, my mistake. I also made another mistake although it isn't as noticeable, when I increased the ISO I thought I had set it at 800, instead I accidentally set it at 1600. Surprisingly though I had little noise, not sure why that happened, the amount of light was just perfect though.




I headed up to Devou Park and found an art piece from the Taft Museum on display, obviously a weather proof copy. Putting that on my list of places to go this summer. If I am not mistaken Sunday's are free. If you get a chance a must visit on anyone's list. 

 A closeup of the boys.


While up at the park I was listening to the radio, weather forecast was for sunshine, it was mostly cloudy and it rained. Someone was pretty off on that forecast.

No comments: