The birth of my infatuation or perhaps I should say my obsession with photography began in the mid nineties. Then my main subjects were my children, since my children have left the nest for many years now my passion for photography has never faded but rather grown in a different direction. I have discovered that beauty is never ending, taking on forms that I could have never imagined. I feel blessed that my world has expanded through photography and hope my passion never weakens.

21 February 2012

Luke, Roof and the Ladder

Here is the story behind the pictures below. Before we got Jasper the black lab mix, we already had Luke. Luke is suppose to be a pure white kitty but since he is an outdoor cat we rarely get to enjoy ever seeing his pure white coat until after his bath. I'm getting off track, anyway, when Jasper arrived we figured out that he was about 2 years old and never been fixed, this left him a little more aggressive then we wanted, especially towards Luke. It was only a matter of days and Jasper had attacked Luke, this is not acceptable in my house. We started looking for another home for Jasper. After weeks of not being able to relocate him and carrying Luke up and down the stairs we had to come up with another plan. So we decided to get Jasper neutered. I have learned that behavioral changes may occur after this type of procedure so we hoped that this might cure his aggressiveness. While he was gone we decided that if Jasper did remain with us we had to do something for Luke, which brings us to the first photo below, we made a cat door in the upstairs window. We only had to show Luke once what to do and he took it from there. We've always had a ladder that we use in case of a fire so we thought simple enough Luke can just climb down the ladder. Well for some reason only known to Luke he would not go down the ladder. He decided that it was much easier to go up the roof then down the roof on the other side (picture 2) so we placed a ladder on that side of the roof and presto Luke came down the ladder. No issues, no problems. Even after the ice storm Luke still manages the roof and the ladder. What a cat!


So what happened with Jasper and Luke? Well when we brought Jasper home the next day we found Luke for the first time in weeks walking down the stairs. He went right up to Jasper, Jasper sniffed, Luke gave him kisses and they have been best friends ever since. Whew!!!





No comments: