The birth of my infatuation or perhaps I should say my obsession with photography began in the mid nineties. Then my main subjects were my children, since my children have left the nest for many years now my passion for photography has never faded but rather grown in a different direction. I have discovered that beauty is never ending, taking on forms that I could have never imagined. I feel blessed that my world has expanded through photography and hope my passion never weakens.

29 April 2012

Panning

Today I talked Greg into letting me practice panning. I have as yet attempted this photography technique. The first two photos were my first attempt, I was not happy at all with the results, I decided to let the camera decide on the settings which was my first mistake, actually it was my only mistake. The bottom two I talked Greg into letting me try again so out we went back up to Devou Park, he is such a good sport. As you can see my second attempt was much better. The slower shutter speed made the background extremely blurry. I tried 1/8th shutter speed on my tripod but I just couldn't get it to work.
 Shutter speed of 1/200th, way to fast. The photo below is also 1/200th.

 Shutter speed 1/40th. Much better results.
Shutter speed 1/60th.

No comments: