The birth of my infatuation or perhaps I should say my obsession with photography began in the mid nineties. Then my main subjects were my children, since my children have left the nest for many years now my passion for photography has never faded but rather grown in a different direction. I have discovered that beauty is never ending, taking on forms that I could have never imagined. I feel blessed that my world has expanded through photography and hope my passion never weakens.

13 February 2011

Covington Kentucky


So I headed down to the river today, with camera in hand when I came upon, in my opinion, a rather strange happening. Maybe it is just me but who would want to go kayaking on the Ohio River in February? So as I watched I noticed a man with a microphone and a large professional movie camera. My second thought was that this had to be the George Clooney movie that they have been taping in the Cincinnati area for sometime now. This just had to be a scene from the movie. Not as impressed as I thought I should have been I took some photos anyway, went home started to go through my photos when I noticed the rather large piece of driftwood. I mean come on that thing is huge.


I love this door, it is built into the side of a small hill. I am sure it is used for storage but every time I see it I have this overwhelming urge to knock on it to see if someone opens the door. I have to admit that if it started to open I would also have an overwhelming urge to....run.


No comments: