The birth of my infatuation or perhaps I should say my obsession with photography began in the mid nineties. Then my main subjects were my children, since my children have left the nest for many years now my passion for photography has never faded but rather grown in a different direction. I have discovered that beauty is never ending, taking on forms that I could have never imagined. I feel blessed that my world has expanded through photography and hope my passion never weakens.

27 February 2011

Old Barn - Devou Park Kentucky-Downtown Cincinnati

I have to wonder about myself sometimes. I live in Devou Park and have passed by this old barn at least a 1000 times. The other day it was like being hit by a baseball bat, wow that is one old barn, found out when I started taking photos that it was actually 2 old barns. I am assuming this but I believe this barn has been in this location longer then Devou Park has existed. It is possible that the family that owned this barn were the ones that donated the land. An old house once stood here as well, my unfortunate mistake of not seeing the photographic potential before it was demolished by the town. Even though it was posted no trespassing I couldn't let that stop me from photographing it. Glad I did.

You can tell by all the horseshoes above the barn door the family felt it needed a lot of luck, hope they got it. The last photo of the series was taken in downtown Cincinnati. I didn't stay long this time, I really wasn't in the mood, parking wasn't easy. I did however, find out that I love taking photos of the city streets. Think i'll plan another visit to do that. If I plan for the morning it will be easier to take these photos standing in the middle of the street. I happen by this one while waiting for a red light, sitting in my car. Thankful my windshield was pretty clean.

Almost forgot, the gazebo is actually part of the Devou Park Golf Course. I've also found a couple other location that I would like to photograph the golf course as well. So more photographs to follow.









1 comment:

Lauren said...

Beautiful barn! Where is the best place to park in order to find it? I would love to see it:)