The birth of my infatuation or perhaps I should say my obsession with photography began in the mid nineties. Then my main subjects were my children, since my children have left the nest for many years now my passion for photography has never faded but rather grown in a different direction. I have discovered that beauty is never ending, taking on forms that I could have never imagined. I feel blessed that my world has expanded through photography and hope my passion never weakens.

27 March 2011

Random Photographs of Cincinnati

9th Street
Fun fact about Cincinnati - In 1835 Cincinnati was the first city to have airmail, it was sent by hot air balloon.

7th Street
Fun Fact about Cincinnati -1853 - First practical steam fire engine. First city to establish a municipal fire department and first fire pole.

City Hall 
Fun Fact - 1869 - First professional baseball team - the Cincinnati Red Stockings. I have decided after reading this fun fact to start a list of random things I am grateful for. First on my list is I am grateful for the Cincinnati Reds renaming its baseball team. Seriously the Cincinnati Red Stockings?

Central Parkway 
Fun Fact - 1880 - First and only city to build and own a major railroad. Apparently that idea was a little more successful then the subway system. http://www.cincinnati-transit.net/subway.html

Garfield 
Fun Fact - 1902 - First reinforced concrete skyscraper - the Ingalls Building

Church Door - The actual door is insignificant I really find the archway worthy of a photograph.
Fun Fact - 1935 - First Major League Baseball night game.

Main Street 
Fun Fact - William Howard Taft - 27th President of the United States, born in Cincinnati in 1857. If your ever in the City a must place to visit is the Taft Museum. www.taftmuseum.org


Race Street


As I was heading down Central Parkway I quickly passed by this mural, my first thought was "a mural of W.C. Fields?" I had to make a U turn and discovered how wrong I was. I am assuming this individual is some prominent Cincinnati figure but I have absolutely no idea. If I find out I'll certainly let you know.


So Spunky and I ended our little trip in Covington, KY, I thought Spunky would enjoy seeing the Paul Brown Stadium, which is behind Spunky, I was right, he was so thrilled.

No comments: