The birth of my infatuation or perhaps I should say my obsession with photography began in the mid nineties. Then my main subjects were my children, since my children have left the nest for many years now my passion for photography has never faded but rather grown in a different direction. I have discovered that beauty is never ending, taking on forms that I could have never imagined. I feel blessed that my world has expanded through photography and hope my passion never weakens.

06 August 2009

Cincinnati Reds Firework Friday

Fireworks are a lot of fun to photograph, at first I was a little intimated but after the first try it really isn't difficult to do, I thought I would get the practice in for the big fireworks show in September, over Labor Day weekend, which is when Cincinnati has its' largest fireworks display, you will find both sides of the river filled with over 500,000 people. The first year I moved here Greg brought me to see the fireworks, I have to admit I was a little bit bias, after all how can you beat any firework show when you've seen them in Boston. I will be the first to admit when I am wrong, Cincinnati fireworks display has got to be the best in country and when you sit up close & personal like we did, it is just breathtaking. After venturing twice, Greg & I stopped going, I just couldn't handle all the people anymore, I'll watch the fireworks from Devou Park, the second best place to watch the fireworks but only a 3 minute trip home.







No comments: