The birth of my infatuation or perhaps I should say my obsession with photography began in the mid nineties. Then my main subjects were my children, since my children have left the nest for many years now my passion for photography has never faded but rather grown in a different direction. I have discovered that beauty is never ending, taking on forms that I could have never imagined. I feel blessed that my world has expanded through photography and hope my passion never weakens.

11 March 2012

Further Down RT. 8

I have lived in Kentucky for 11 years now and I have never been to Bracken County. I headed down RT. 8 once again, this time almost 40 miles. I was only about 5 miles from Augusta, KY, it was getting late so I decided to wait for the next trip before exploring the town. Once I hit Augusta I am only about 18 miles to Maysville, KY which is my goal. I was amazed at all the abandon houses not to mention the amount of barns that were falling apart. I wanted to explore inside all of them but parking for some was such an issue, not to mention that I really wasn't wearing the right shoes. I'll have to throw my boots in the backseat of the car.







No comments: