The birth of my infatuation or perhaps I should say my obsession with photography began in the mid nineties. Then my main subjects were my children, since my children have left the nest for many years now my passion for photography has never faded but rather grown in a different direction. I have discovered that beauty is never ending, taking on forms that I could have never imagined. I feel blessed that my world has expanded through photography and hope my passion never weakens.

22 July 2011

Cincinnati Reds Fireworks 22-Jul-11

Boy did I mess up big this time around. I wanted to capture the fireworks a little differently, I wanted to try and capture multiple fireworks in one photograph, meaning more then 3 fireworks in one photograph which is not my usual way. So I set up the camera as I normally do but this time I left the shutter open for at least 10 seconds in many of my attempts. What was I thinking? Typically this would have worked perfectly if not for one thing...I forget to step down the aperture. Grrrrr, it had to have been the heat and high humidity that fried my brain. When I got home I found out that I over exposed many of these photos. Again grrrrr. I know what your thinking that PP (post processing) should help with over exposing, that is not the point, I usually do very little PP and try to rely on what little skill I have to create the photograph that is really close to what I want. Oh well I will get another shot soon, thankfully I only have to wait a week before trying this again.








No comments: